Reservations are strongly recommended for travel during our busy summer or winter months. This will ensure that your place on a guided trip will be secured or that your equipment and driver are waiting for you upon arrival.
To make a reservation, we require a 25% non-refundable booking deposit and the dates you wish to travel with us.
The easiest way to make a booking deposit is by Visa or MasterCard. We will need the card holder’s name, expiry date, and card number. You can email, fax or phone this information to us. All information sent is strictly confidential!
- If your travel date is more than 90 days away from the start of your trip a deposit of 25% of the total is required with the registration.
- If your travel date is within 90 days to the start of your trip full payment is due at the time of booking.
- Balance payments for Guided Trips are due the latest 90 days prior to the start of you trip.
- Balance payments for Self Guided Trips and Rentals are paid in full prior to start of trip or rental.
If payments are not received when due, Up North Adventures reserves the right to treat the reservation as cancelled. All prices are in Canadian dollars and subject to 5% GST (federal tax).
Cancellation by the customer:
As a lot of our cost already incur long before the actual trip, rental or tour takes place, we are bound to the following cancellation fees:
- 90 – 61 days before start of trip or rental -> full refund minus 25%
- 60 – 30 days before start of trip or rental -> 50% will be refunded
- 30 or less days before start of trip or rental -> no refund possible
Cancellations by the customer must be obtained by Up North Adventures in writing.
Cancellation by Up North Adventures:
In the case where Up North Adventures has to cancel a trip due to not meeting the minimum amount of bookings, we shall refund the full amount paid already. We reserve the right to do so within 14 days prior to departure of our trip.
Up North Adventures reserves the right to change itineraries or even cancel a trip, rental or tour if we feel we are forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control (e.g. snow conditions, temperatures, blizzards, river levels, forest fires etc.) If this occurs we shall endeavour to meet your needs with another trip date at the earliest convenience.
We strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation prior to 90 before trip departure, baggage and extended medical insurance (including emergency insurance that covers all expenses associated with a medical evacuation). If you require evacuation for any reason, the expense incurred will be the responsibility of the participant(s) evacuated. Please check your Health Plan to ensure that additional coverage is purchased if required.
All guests are required to sign a Release of Claims form for personal responsibility and a Rental Agreement form for equipment responsibility. Any lost or damaged equipment will charged at full retail price. All late returns will be charged at an hourly rate as rented.
Trip Information Package
Upon request, Up North Adventures will send you our complete Trip Information Package. It contains specific information about your trip, a medical form, and a release form.
Tips for First Time Guests and What to Bring can be found under FAQs on the upper navigation bar.
Completed medical forms and waivers are due 90 days prior to your trip departure date.
Inclusions and Exclusions
Our trips are geared to be all inclusive. For more information please refer to each trip’s specific description.
- Guided Summer trips are based on a 4-person minimum booking, unless stated otherwise in the specific trip description.
- Self guided day trips requiring Up North Adventures’ transportation service are based on a 2-person minimum.
- Guided winter trips are based on a 2-person minimum booking, unless stated otherwise in the specific trip description.
- Minimum age for snowmobiling trips is 8 years of age.
- To operate a snowmobile the participant has to be 16 years of age. However the decision to allow this will always be at the discretion of the guide.
- Children under the age of 12 receive a 50% discount, provided the minimum of 2 adults are paid. Children at the age of 12 years pay full fare.
- If a pre-arranged pick up time with Up North Adventure is not met by the customer, waiting time for Up North Adventures beyond 1 hour will be charged at $70.00 per hour.
- Prior to any trip or rental a Visa or MasterCard card imprint is needed for damage and/or loss deposit.
- Prices may change slightly due to fuel price increases.